Most Common Skin Disorders in Older Adults
It’s a well-known fact that our skin may deteriorate over the year. It can be a result of a health condition, but most commonly, it’s because of the natural process of aging. Several skin changes can also be caused by a lifetime of unprotected exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. Most of these changes may be harmless, but other signs and symptoms should be consulted by a professional like a dermatologist because they may be signs of cancer. These harmful conditions may be monitored with the help of Home Care Services in Perris, California.
Most common sun-related skin changes are:
- Liver spots/age spots – appear on the hands and arms. They are harmless but can be unattractive.
- Seborrheic keratoses – skin growths frequently found on our face, shoulders, chest, and back.
- Skin tags/papillomas – growths that manifest on the face, neck or even in the groin.
- Dry and itchy skin – due to decreased perspiration, dehydration, and smoking. Also, diabetes, kidney disorder, and other diseases can also cause the skin to be dry.
- Wrinkles – most common signs of aging.
A+ Home Care offers Home Health Care in Riverside, California to help you ensure that you and your loved ones achieve and then maintain healthy skin, overall health, and safe aging.
Visit our Senior Home Care in California for more information.
This entry was posted in Skin Disorders
and tagged Aging
, Health Care
, Itchy Skin
. Bookmark the permalink