How to Help Your Elderly Loved Ones Get Better Sleep
Sleep is extremely necessary for elderly people. If you have seniors living with you at home, be sure that they’d enjoy a good sleep every day. If you’re living in California, the best way to do this is to partner with a provider of home health care in Riverside, California who can provide personalized care services such as preparing meals, buying groceries, and monitoring vital statistics. All of these will contribute to the health of your elderly relatives, making them feel more comfortable and at ease when they sleep. Aside from this, the following tips might also help:
- Avoid naps during the late afternoon. This might make it difficult for them to sleep at night.
- Avoid carbonated and caffeinated drinks. Your elderly beloved should not drink caffeinated drinks in the afternoon.
- Make their room comfortable. You can light scented candles with a sleep-inducing scent, as well as make sure that the bed is comfortable. You can also play calming sounds such as ocean waves and birds chirping.
- Give them the right supplements. Consult experts from a reputable senior home care in California and ask what brand and type of supplements are best for your elderly loved ones at home.
- Hire professional personal hygiene care for them. Avail of home care services in Perris, California, especially for personal hygiene assistance. Experts can give your seniors a good and thorough bath, making sure that they’ll feel fresh and comfortable when they sleep.
While asleep, the body repairs itself and relaxes. This is the main reason elderly people should get enough sleep for their body to recover. At A+ Home Care, we can help you take care of your seniors right at the comforts of your own home.