Communication Tips with A Dementia Patient
Among the three general pillars of dementia care is communication. It is very vital to portray a good connection with the senior. Communicating with patients or seniors with dementia is crucial because of their ever-changing moods and behavior. As senior home care in California, this is among the challenges we face every day.
Here are tips we mastered when communicating with a patient with dementia. Our caregivers in our home health care in Riverside, California, will:
- Be supportive in more ways than one. We train our caregivers to assume a reassuring and unhurried stance. We show them that we care and we are there for them. Above all, we encourage them to express or talk about their feelings.
- React positively to sensory connections. We express ourselves in a gentle voice, soothing touch, calming music, and a gentle massage. We believe the facts don’t help, but feelings do.
- When talking to them, we make it a practice to emphasize body language. We look in the eye and speak directly and softly. We try our best to portray a friendly tone and demeanor.
- Try to avoid arguments and criticisms. We read the signs and discern what feelings they are trying to express.
- Always be clear and concise. We avoid using complex language, give multiple-step instructions, or ask questions that might give them options. We keep it simple, one step at a time, and use cues and pointers.
A+ Home Care is a reliable provider of home care services in Perris, California. We have a variety of care services that are superior to maintaining the optimal health of your loved ones.
Learn more about the services we offer here on our website. Should you have concerns and further inquiries, contact us.